Dutch course for international professionals
You want to join the conversation
Are you are an expat in the Netherlands with a college-level education who finally wants to learn Dutch properly? And fast too? And although you are a beginner you want to start practicing what you've learned immediately? At your level?
Then all you have to do is enrol for this Dutch course for college-educated expats.
- In this twelve-week course you will immerse in the Dutch language as much as possible. Learning happens outside the lessons mostly, during the lessons I will teach you how.
- You will practice intensively and you do not have many lessons which makes you learn a lot in a short period of time. (Surely we're all busy enough.)
- You will work in small groups (4 to 8 people max) so you get to practice a whole lot and you'll get all the attention and feedback you need.
- You always work with the same trainer.
After this course you'll know how to make conversation and you will feel more confident and relaxed in different situations. You don't have to feel like an outsider anymore. And what's more, opportunities will come your way. Also you can stop with the small talk and discuss what really matters.
What will you learn?
- What your colleagues talk about during lunch breaks.
- Telling things about yourself and how to find out more about other people.
- What you can do to make practicing more effective.
- How to increase your vocabulary more effectively.
- Understanding and using common expressions and phrases.
- Understanding what the news at 8 is about.
- Understanding the essence of a news article.
What you don't learn
- How to do a civic integration examination.
- Memorise vocabulary.
What can you expect?
- You will work on your Dutch intensively. Every week you will have a 2.5 hour lesson for 12 weeks.
- You work in small groups of at least 4 but no more than 8 people.
- In addition you will spend approximately 6 hours on assignments and practicing.
- During lessons you will practice speaking, listening and pronunciation and you will learn many new words.
- Also you start reading and writing texts from everyday life.
- Your vocabulary will grow in all kinds of creative and communicative ways.
- You'll use the book Start.nl (24.95 euro) and work towards A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- In addition you'll use a dictionary.
When you really start immersing in the Dutch language you'll see that it doesn't have to be difficult at all. It is mainly fun and interesting.
Where and when and what is it going to cost me?
You pay 450 euro (study material and dictionary excluded).
You'll receive the book Start.nl at the beginning of the course. I will give you advice on which dictionary to choose depending on your native language. You can order them for less then 20 euros.
With a minimum of 4 applicants we can get started. Dates and scheduling are not yet set.
I believe that communication is essential in the lessons for beginners which is why the lessons will be offline. In a live session you can make eye contact and you will feel part of the group.
The course will be in Tilburg.
Who should apply?
- People who can already understand and use simple expressions and basic phrases in Dutch.
- People who can already introduce themselves and ask basic questions.
- People who are willing to invest in a quality course because they understand that one hour a week doesn't get you very far.
- People with college-level education who wish to work in an intelligent, interesting and personal way.
- People who take responsibility for their efforts.
And who should not?
- People who's boss makes them go to course but who really don't want to.
- People who think they are still in secondary school.
- People who think they can hack it in 2 hours a week.
And who am I?
I am Marja de Reuver, profession: language nerd. Pleased to meet you! I will teach you to learn to communicate in Dutch properly.
In my meetings you can experiment, make as many mistakes as you need, ask questions and of course add a much needed touch of humour. My students tell me that they feel safe and comfortable during my course. Which is quite important because that way it will benefit you the most.
How can I register?
- Fill in the form
- I will contact you to see what you want and when you are available. You will do a short test to determine your level.
- With enough applications (at least 4) I will set the dates.
- After your confirmation I will send you an invoice and after payment you will get an invitation with the details and we can get started.
How to survive in the Netherlands?
Read more about learning Dutch...